Saudi Arabia published a new RoHS technical regulation
Saudi Arabia SASO released a new Technical Regulation for RoHS requirements to control the use of specific hazardous substances in electronic equipment.
The regulation has modified the process of getting approval for RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) in Saudi Arabia.
This draft Technical Regulation applied in the following topics:
• Large household appliances
• Small household appliances
• Information and communication technology equipment
• Lighting equipment
• Electrical and electronic tools
• Leisure, recreation and sports equipment
• Monitoring and control tools
Medical devices, military equipment, large-scale stationary industrial tools, large-scale fixed installations, and aerospace equipment are the draft exceptions.
The official announcement can be downloaded here:
To learn if your existing or future products are affected, Contact GMA Labs for a free assessment.