Sri Lanka TRCSL issued “Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE) Type Approval Rules 2020” effective December 16'th 2020.
Based on the new update, the main changes are:
- It requires one product sample. TRC can request up to two samples
- Importation fee is added
- Lead-time is 30 business days after all the samples and documents were received by the government office
- Test Reports older than 3 months requires a declaration of validity from the test lab
- The Certificate renewal is extended to 4 years (It was 3 years in the past)
- Existing type approvals are only valid for 6 more months and it has to be renewed up to the new standard
- Labeling is mandatory and it must be purchased directly from TRCSL
To learn if your existing or future products are affected, Contact GMA Labs for a free assessment.